| Questions that the client might ask you:
Questions that you might ask the client:
- Tell me what you know about our company?
- Tell me what you know about this position?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What is motivating you to seek a new opportunity?
- What are the reasons you have left previous positions?
- If you have changed jobs frequently or there are periods of unemployment, be prepared to explain those to the interviewer
- What type of environment do you feel would be most conducive to your success?
- What is an example of a difficult situation you have encountered at work and how did you overcome it?
- Describe the pressures in previous jobs using a recent example, e.g. how you coped with a changed deadline, completed a rush order or dealt with staff shortages.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- It is important to have examples of both your strengths and your weaknesses and examples of how you overcome weaknesses
- Where do you see your career in five years?
- What is your availability to start a new position should you get an offer?
- Why is this position available?
- What is the history of this position?
- Examples of questions for this include:
- How long has the position been available?
- How many people have held this position in the last five years?
- Why did the last person leave?
- What are the responsibilities of this position?
- What challenges have you had with this position?
- What are you looking for in the person you hire?
- How will my performance be evaluated?
- How does your company stand apart from its competition?
- How soon do you expect to make a decision?
- How long have you been with the company?
- If I got the job, what is the 1st thing I can do to help the team?